• Contact: UACC-GSR@uacc.arizona.edu
• Director: Bernard Futscher, PhD
The Genomics Shared Resource/Genomics Facility Core provides genomics services based on microarray and sequencing technology. The Core serves the research community with priority given first to members of our funding centers, then to other federally funded investigators at the University of Arizona, and then all other research investigators. As part of our commitment to providing high quality genomics service, the Core has qualified as a member of the Ion Torrent Certified Service Provider Program.
Click here to visit the Genomics Core website for requesting service, check pricing, and contact information.
The Core is supported by the University of Arizona Cancer Center (National Institutes of Health Cancer Center Support Grant P30CA023074) and the Southwest Environmental Health Sciences Center (National Institute of Environmental Health Science Center Grant ES06694).
The Core provides complete support for genomics applications as follows:
- gene expression profiling
- comparative genomic hybridization (CGH)
- chromatin immunoprecipitation on chip (ChIP on chip)
- single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) analysis
- Ion Torrent-based sequencing applications including:exome sequencing, bacterial identification by 16s rRNA sequencing, RNAseq, and custom sequencing panels.
- Sample quality control services
- real time PCR
- consultation for experimental design
- data archiving.
The Core is continually updating and expanding its services to keep up with advances in microarray and sequencing application. Please contact George Watts to see if the Genomics Core can help you with your research goals.