The EMSS is one of the largest cell culture users and providers of the University of Arizona Cancer Center. Purchasing cell culture products in bulk earns better prices, which we pass on to Arizona Cancer Center members. EMSS purchases products utilized and requested by numerous laboratories. We continually work to improve the selection. Please let us know what products you would like us to carry.
To submit questions or comments to the Service click here: Contact Us
How do you get your media?
- Bring your account number to EMSS Laboratory, Room 0945/0948 in the basement of the Leon Levy building.
- EMSS personnel will give you your products.
- Walk away with your media.
- Invoices can be sent immediately.
- Billing is sent out the end of each month.
Why do we charge less?
- It’s part of our mission as a shared service to reduce costs around the university
- We get steep discounts because of our bulk orders
- Because of our bulk orders, we do not pay shipping or tax and pass on the savings
- We use media, too!
Corning Catalog #
MEM with ribonuleosides, deoxyribonucleosides and sodium bicarbonate
High glucose mediumwith sodium pyruvate
High glucose medium without sodium pyruvate
50:50 of DMEM and Ham's f-12 media
Dulbecco's Phosphate Buffered Saline; without calcium or magnesium
US Source FBS tested by EMSS and purchased from one lot # for consistency
1X without Calcium, Magnesium and Phenol Red
with L-glutamine and 25 mM HEPES without ß-thioglycerol and ß-mercaptoethanol
L-glutamine for liquid media
(Iwakata and Grace Modification) with L-glutamine
with Earle's salts and L-glutamine
MEM Non-Essential Amino Acids
10,000 IU Penicillin/10,000ug/mL Streptomycin
RPMI 1640 Medium
0.25% (1X) with EDTA, without calcium, magnesium (liquid)