Cancer Imaging Core Facility (SOP)
The Cancer Imaging Shared Service (CISS) at the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) has been providing services to UACC and outside investigators since 2003. The Service's goal is to provide access to a turnkey optical imaging system, and to pre-clinical and clinical imaging technologies. The CISS also offers a developmental component to evaluate and initiate new research projects. It oversees access to the wide range of image acquisition modalities, including bioluminescence imaging, MR, and PET/SPECT approaches for animal experiments. An image analysis facility acts as the central clearinghouse to consolidate and standardize state-of-the-art image processing and analysis routines. Within this context, the CISS provides six services:
1. Learn about the proper use and SOPs of the Leica SP5 High-speed Spectral Confocal Microscope. For Tutorial on use. For Start up Procedure. For Scheduling. For Rates and Fees. Contact Doug Cromey.
2. To Learn about the proper and SOPs of the Biolumenescence Imaging System. For Tutorial on use. For Scheduling.For Rates and Fees. Contact Dr. Natarajan Raghunand.
3. Image analysis approaches and assistance in developing and customizing specific image processing techniques in the Image Analysis Facility azcc.arizona.edu/research/shared-services/ciss/image-analysis. Dr. Jeff Rodriguez is a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and his area of expertise is image analysis. He directs all the analysts who are assigned to each particular project. Each project is carefully assessed by him for length of time that it will take. For Rates and fees.
4. Imaging Response Assessment Team (IRAT) azcc.arizona.edu/research/shared-services/ciss/IRAT. Contract Dr. Raghuand.
5. Small Animal Imaging in the Biological Magnetic Resonance Facility: azcc.arizona.edu/research/shared-services/ciss/small-animal. All research scans are charged through the Radiology MRI facility. For Rates and Fees. For Scheduling. Contact Dr. Jean-Philippe Galons.
6. Digital Histology Image Analysis using the Definiens Tissue Studio software. For Scheduling. For more information or training, please contact Dr. Raghunand.
Other Contact Information:
Office: (520) 626-6041