1. Butalla AC, Crane TE, Patil B, Wertheim BC, Thompson PA, Thomson CA. Effects of a carrot juice intervention on plasma carotenoids, oxidative stress, and inflammation in overweight breast cancer survivors. Nutr & Cancer. 64(2): February 16, 2012.
2. Caan BJ, Emond JA, Su I, Patterson R, Flatt SW, Gold EB, Newman VA, Rock CL, Thomson CA, Pierce JP. The effect of post diagnosis weight change on hot flash status among early stage breast cancer survivors. J Clin Onc. (In press)).
3. Crane TE, Kubota C, West JL, Kroggel M, Wertheim BC, Thomson CA. Increasing the vegetable intake dose is associated with a rise in plasma carotenoids without modifying oxidative stress or inflammation in overweight or obese postmenopausal women. J Nutr. 141(10):1827-33, 2011. [PMID: 21865569].
4. Thomson CA and Ravia J. A systematic review of behavioral interventions to promote intake of fruits and vegetables. J Amer Diet Assoc. 111:1523-1535, 2011.
5. Simon MS, Thomson CA, Pettijohn, E, Kato I, Roadabough R, Lane D, Hubbell FA, O’Sullivan MJ, Adams-Campbell LL, Mouton CP, Abrams J, Chelbowski RT. Racial differences in colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in the Women’s Health Initiative. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 20(7):1368-78, 2011 [PMID: 21602308].
6. Miller JA, Thompson PA, Hakim IA, Chow HH, Thomson CA. d-Limonene: A bioactive food component from citrus and evidence for a potential role in breast cancer prevention and treatment. Onc Rev. 5:31-42, 2011.
7. Thomson CA, Stanaway J, Neuhouser M, Snetselaar LG, Stefanick ML, Arendell L, Chen Z.
Nutrient intake and anemia risk in the Women’s Health Initiative Observational Study. J Am Diet Assoc.
111(4):532-541, 2011. [PMID: 21443985].
8. Stendell-Hollis NR, Laudermilk MJ, West JL,Thompson PA, Thomson CA. Recruitment of lactating women into a randomized dietary intervention: successful strategies and factors promoting enrollment and retention. Contemp Clin Trials. 32(4):505-511, 2011. [PMID: 21382511].
9. Irwin M, McTiern A, Mason JE, Thomson CA, Sternfeld B, Stefanick ML, Wactawski-Wende J, Craft L, Lane D, Martin LW, Chlebowski. Physical activity and survival in postmenopausal women with breast cancer: results from the Women’s Health Initiative. Cancer Prev Res. 4(4):522-529, 2011. [PMID: 21464032].
10. Saquib J, Rock CL, Natarajan L, Saquib N, Newman VA, Paterson RE, Thomson CA, Al-Delaimy WK, Pierce JP. Dietary intake, supplement use, and survival among women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. Nutr Cancer. 63(3):327-333, 2011. [PMID: 21391124].
11. Patterson RE, Saquib N, Natarajan L, Rock CL, Parker BA, Thomson CA, Pierce JP. Improvement in self-reported physical health predicts longer survival among women with a history of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 127(2):541-547, 2011. [PMID: 21042931].
12. Saquib N, Pierce JP, Saquib J, Flatt SW, Natarajan L, Bardwell WA, Patterson RE, Stefanick, Thomson CA, Rock CL, Jones L, Gold EB, Karanja N, Parker B. Poor physical health predicts time to additional breast cancer events and mortality in breast cancer survivors. Psychooncology. 20(3):252-259, 2011. [PMID: 20878837].
13. Caan BJ, Natarajan L, Parker B, Gold EB, Thomson CA, Newman V, Rock CL, Pu M, Al-Delaimy W, Pierce JP. Soy food consumption and breast cancer prognosis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 20:854-858, 2011. [PMID: 21357380].
14. Bertram LA, Stefanick M, Saquib N, Natarajan L, Patterson RE, Bardwell W, Flatt SW, Newman VA, Rock C, Thomson CA, Pierce JP. Physical activity, additional breast cancer events, and mortality among early stage breast cancer survivors: findings from the WHEL study. Cancer Causes Control. 22(3):426-435, 2011. [PMID: 21184262].
15. Patterson RE, Flatt SW, Newman VA, Natarajan L, Rock CL, Thomson CA, Caan BJ, Parker BA, Pierce JP. Marine fatty acid intake is associated with breast cancer prognosis. J Nutr. 141(2):201-206, 2011. [PMID: 21178081].
16. Thomson CA, Rock CL, Thompson PA, Caan BJ, Cussler EC, Flatt SW, Pierce JP. Vegetable Intake is associated with reduced breast cancer recurrence in tamoxifen users: A secondary analysis from the Women’s Healthy Eating and Living Study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 125(2): 519-527, 2011. [PMID: 20607600].
17. Jacobs ET, Thomson CA, Flatt SW, Al-Delaimy W, Hibler EA, Jones LA, LeRoy EC, Newman VA, Parker BA, Rock CL, Pierce JP. Vitamin D and breast cancer recurrence in the Women’s Healthy Eating and Living (WHEL) Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 93(1):108-117, 2011. [PMID: 20980485].