Make an Appointment
For more information on the Survivorship Program or to make an appointment, call (520) 694-CURE.
The University of Arizona Cancer Center Survivorship Program is designed to provide integrated care to cancer survivors. Cancer survivors are people who have been diagnosed with cancer. Some organizations expand that definition to include people who have been affected by the diagnosis, such as family members, friends and caregivers. Our team will address the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual issues that arise around diagnosis and treatment for patients and their loved ones.
Through a healing-oriented approach that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), we are committed to address the full spectrum of needs and concerns of cancer survivors through all stages of treatment and recovery. After a visit with a family medicine physician, the patient will receive an individualized survivorship care plan explaining all appropriate therapies related to his/her condition. This plan will be updated and reviewed with the patient and family members throughout the stages of treatment and post-treatment.
In collaboration with the medical and psychosocial services at The University of Arizona Cancer Center, we will work with patients to:
- Reduce physical symptoms associated with cancer and its treatment (e.g., pain, fatigue, insomnia, etc.)
- Manage side effects of chemotherapy and radiation with therapies such as acupuncture, botanicals, and mind-body medicine
- Examine lifestyle factors and situations (e.g., diet, risk for undernutrition, physical activity, emotional coping skills, support network, and spirituality) that may affect symptoms and/or course of disease
- Develop and work toward goals for health, wellness, and what is most meaningful and valuable after diagnosis, as well as during and after treatment
- Actively participate in their health care
- Regain a sense of control and well-being despite the diagnosis
Survivorship Care Family Physicians:
Marnie Lamm, MD
Fanny Bangoura, MD