An education and support program for skillfully and effectively navigating the journey through cancer.
The Seven Levels of Healing is a ground-breaking education and support program created by Jeremy Geffen, MD, FACP. Dr. Geffen is a board-certified medical oncologist, a leading expert in integrative medicine and oncology, and author of the highly acclaimed book, The Journey Through Cancer: Healing & Transforming the Whole Person, and audio program, The Seven Levels of Healing.
The Seven Levels of Healing is a free program that helps patients and family members skillfully and effectively navigate their journey through cancer. It addresses every aspect of the healing journey and provides clear direction to finding meaning, hope and practical solutions at every step along the way.
The program involves two-hour evening or afternoon sessions over seven weeks. One of the seven levels is explored at each weekly session.
- Level 1: Education and Information provides basic knowledge and information about cancer and the latest treatment options.
- Level 2: Connection with Others focuses on the need for and benefits of a strong support network on the journey through cancer.
- Level 3: The Body as Garden explores the safe and effective use of complementary therapies, and invites patients and families to regard the body as a sacred and wondrously complex garden rather than just a machine.
- Level 4: Emotional Healing helps patients and families deal effectively with the emotional issues and challenges often encountered when dealing with cancer.
- Level 5: The Nature of Mind explores how our thoughts and beliefs - and the meanings we give to events - influence every aspect of our experience on the journey through cancer, and indeed life itself.
- Level 6: Life Assessment assists patients and family members to discover the deepest meaning and purpose of their lives, and their most important goals. What do we want to accomplish, experience, and share with others?
- Level 7: The Nature of Spirit connects patients and loved ones to the profoundly healing spiritual dimension of life that we all share.
Introductory Sessions: Participants are asked to attend an Introductory Session before enrolling in the seven-week Program. Introductory Session are on the second Monday of every monthat 2 pm and include a program overview and time for questions and answers.
The Seven Levels of Healing program is generously funded by and held at The University of Arizona Cancer Center — North Campus, 3838 N. Campbell Ave.
For more information, please call our Seven Levels line at (520) 694-0383 and leave your name and number. Your call will be returned within twenty-four hours; or register now for an Introductory Session.
This powerful program will change your life. We look forward to seeing you!