This multidisciplinary clinic aims to identify patients at high risk for cancer due to strong family history or positive genetic test results and to incorporate prevention strategies to reduce cancer risks.
The clinic focuses on prevention to offer options for individuals to reduce risk of cancer, including prophylactic surgery, increased screening and chemoprevention.
Learn more - download the High-Risk Clinic Fast Facts and visit our Genetic Counseling page.
- Family history of breast, ovarian, colon, prostate, pancreatic cancers
- Cancer diagnosed at less than 50 years of age
- Bilateral or multiple primary cancers in an individual
- Male breast cancer
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
Goals & Objectives
- Identify individuals and families at high risk of developing cancer and provide genetic counseling and testing as appropriate
- Offer multidisciplinary services including gynecologic oncology, medical oncology, genetic counseling, surgical oncology, nutrition counseling, social work consultations, and nursing coordination of care
- Offer opportunities to take part in wide-ranging clinical and pre-clinical trials including epidemiologic and prevention trials
- Offer programs to underinsured or uninsured individuals throughout the state of Arizona to increase access to genetic testing
Significance to Health Care
- By offering a multidisciplinary team approach to provide comprehensive care to individuals at high risk, we will improve services by bringing together both clinical and research-based programs that will better serve patients and health care providers alike.
- By evaluating and managing cancer risk for both the individual and the family, we aim to reduce morbidity and mortality of cancer in these high risk families.
Setsuko K. Chambers, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
Joanne Jeter, MD, Internal Medicine & Medical Oncology
Christina Laukaitis, MD, PhD, Internal Medicine & Medical Genetics
Rebecca Viscusi, MD, Surgical Oncology
Michelle Bratton, RD, Nutrition
Brenda Casey, MSW, Social Work
Samantha H. Pinkerton, BSN, RN, OCN, Nurse Coordinator