The University of Arizona Department of Pediatrics is The University of Arizona Cancer Center's clinical partner in treating children with cancer and blood disorders.
The Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT has an outstanding tradition of providing excellence in patient care and research. The program is renowned in the Southwest for its clinical expertise in pediatric hematology-oncology and stem cell transplantation, providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment and long-term management of patients with pediatric hematologic and oncologic diseases including:
• Evaluation, and comprehensive, compassionate care of children, adolescents and young adults with cancer
• Autologous stem cell transplantation and related or unrelated bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplantation
• Phase I/II/III clinical trials
• Management of patients with post-solid organ transplant lymphoproliferative disorders
• Consultation services for anemias, neutropenias and thrombocytopenias
• Management of patients with sickle cell disease and other hemoglobinopathies
• Comprehensive care of patients with hemophilia and other bleeding and clotting disorders
The mission of the Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT is to provide the highest quality of care and support for children with cancer and blood disorders and to promote acquisition of knowledge that will lead to improvement in therapy and cures.
Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT Multidisciplinary Team
Emmanuel Katsanis, MD
Lisa M. Kopp, DO
Nicolas Larmonier, PhD
Brenda Wittman, MD, MPH
Lucy Pelayo-Katsanis, RN, MSN, CPNP, CPON
Angela Ratts, RN, MS, FNP-C
Meet the Clinical Team.