Fall 2012 SACO Health Sciences Cancer Challenge is coming soon.
As a student, faculty or staff member in the Arizona Health Sciences College you are invited to join your classmates in the fifth annual Health Sciences Cancer Challenge (HSCC).
- Train for and complete the Tucson Half Marathon - 13.1 miles - while raising vital funds for cancer research at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
- Each college will form a team of runners/walkers who will train and compete against each other in the half marathon.
- Medicine - Tucson (2009 Champion's Trophy winners)
- Medicine - Phoenix (2008 Champion's Trophy winners)
- Pharmacy - (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 Fundraising Trophy winners)
- All athletic abilities are welcome!
- By joining the challenge, you are also joining the UA club Student Athletes for Community Outreach (SACO). Through outreach and education, SACO members encourage students and the community to improve their fitness and overall health.
- The College of Medicine class of 2012 started this program in collaboration with the Better Than Ever program at The University of Arizona Cancer Center to promote health and fitness within the student body and to raise money for cancer research. Since 2008, SACO has contributed more than $17,000 to research for cancer.
- Learn more: Frequently Asked Questions
Contact your team leader:
Medicine Phoenix, Ryan Murphy - email@example.com
Medicine Tucson, Travis Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health, TBA*
*Interested in leading your college's team? Email Marisa at email@example.com or Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org