Join our advocay groups today and help us fight skin cancer!
Skin cancer Prevention Friends
The mission of the University of Arizona Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) is to prevent and cure skin cancer.
Our long-term goal is to decrease skin cancer incidence through increasing public awareness of sun safety and skin cancer detection through outreach, research, patient care and education.
What We Do
Outreach: Expand public awareness about sun safety and skin cancer detection
Research: Increase knowledge of the origins, prevention and treatment of skin cancer
Patient Care: Improve care through better access and referral to dermatology clinic resources
Education: Provide education and training for patients, students and healthcare providers
Join the Skin cancer Prevention Friends
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer today, and the rates keep rising. The work of the SCI to wipe out skin cancer has never been more important than it is today. Support the SCI and join the SPF today.
Levels of Membership
Skin cancer Prevention Friend
· Subscription to our newsletter
· Receive the Action Guide and other publications
· Receive alerts for all of our events
· Annual luncheon featuring speakers addressing melanoma and skin cancer treatment and prevention
· Make a difference in your community
Skin cancer Prevention Friend Leader
Donate $500+ and willing to commit to at least 3 years of membership
· All of the above, plus
· Leadership role in the SPF Partnership
· Chance to review progress of SCI and make recommendations for the growth of SCI
· Serve on SCI Action Committee(s), such as:
· External review of seed grants
· Marketing of SCI programs
Invest in the SCI
Champions invest in the SCI to save lives and prevent skin cancer by giving a minimum of $5,000 annually. Champions will receive:
- An invitation to the Annual Dinner of SCI Champions where we will share the latest on the SCI's achievements and what is on the horizon
- Front-line service in learning about newest advances in skin cancer treatment and prevention; including access to University of Arizona Cancer Center dermatologists
- Recognition in SCI publications, social media, website and all annual events
- Recognition at our annual Melanoma Walk
- A ‘Protect Your Skin’ sunscreen kit donated to the school or organization of your choice
Importance of the SCI Champions
The SCI is seeking to become the model for skin cancer prevention and treatment in the United States.
- Champions advocate with policy makers, community members, and business partners to increase awareness of the need for early detection and prevention.
- Champions are the leaders who stand up to fight skin cancer. Their investment will provide:
Research to advance skin cancer detection, treatment and prevention
Student and faculty seed grants to pursue novel research ideas
Skin cancer educational materials to increase awareness in our community
Additional sun screen stations in the community
Sponsorship for the annual Melanoma Walk
Lecture series and guest speakers
Education on sun safety and skin cancer prevention for children and young adults
Advancement in patient care to deliver more efficient and effective treatments
Call or email us today to learn more about how to join the fight against skin cancer: