- About the Center
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
- Academic Programs
- News & Media
Representatives of the Skin Cancer Institute at the Arizona Cancer Center are participating in the 1st International Conference on UV and Skin Cancer Prevention in Copenhagen, Denmark, May 3-5.
Skin Cancer Institute programs being presented in workshops and poster sessions at the conference include:
• Development of a Pan Pacific Skin Cancer Consortium, by SCI deputy director Robin Harris, PhD
• UV dosimetry and circulating vitamin D in a sub-sample of over-the-counter supplement study participants, by Naja McKenzie, PhD
• Project SASS: A peer-led program to deliver sun safety messages to high school students, by Lois Loescher, PhD; Denise Spartonos and Robin Harris
• ‘Hats on’: educating parents about sun safety with baby sun hat gift bags, by Heather Hiscox, MPH
• Development of a skin cancer prevention and detection video intervention for solid organ transplant recipients, by Lois Loescher
• Photographic scale for dermatological assessment of forearm sun damage, by Naja McKenzie
More information about several of these programs is available in the Spring 2011 issue of Act Against Cancer.