Members of the Arizona Cancer Center’s Skin Cancer Institute are participating in the International Skin Cancer Research Workshop 2011 in Brisbane, Australia, an activity of the Pan-Pacific Skin Cancer Consortium.
Presenting at the workshop March 29 are:
- David S. Alberts, MD, Arizona Cancer Center director, Regents Professor of medicine, pharmacology, nutritional sciences, public health and member of the BIO5 Institute
- Robin Harris, PhD, MPH, co-director of SCI and associate professor of public health at the University of Arizona
- Lois Loescher, PhD, RN, associate professor of nursing at UA and director of education and behavior research at SCI
- Clara Curiel, MD, assistant professor of dermatology, director of the AZCC’s pigmented lesion clinic and co-director of the cutaneous oncology program
- Steven Stratton, PhD, research associate professor of medicine and researcher in the AZCC’s Cancer Prevention and Control Program
The consortium, supported by a generous grant from The Atlantic Philanthropies, links researchers, teachers and students from the AZCC and the Queensland Institute of Medical Research to increase research capacity for addressing health care issues relating to skin cancer.
The March 29 workshop will showcase the ongoing research by the consortium in the areas of behavioral research, epidemiology and primary prevention; genetics; chemoprevention; tumor biology and immunology and clinical medicine.
Consortium members held their inaugural meetings in Tucson in October 2010.