A Perfect Union Extended family The ripple effect UACC - Phoenix topped off

A Perfect Union

Roughly 5 to 10 percent of breast cancer diagnoses are a direct result of an inherited mutation on the BRCA1/BRCA2 genes. But what is causing the other 90 percent?

Read More

Extended family

Forty years ago, G. Timothy Bowden, PhD, was an idealistic biology researcher looking to make his mark on the world. Today, his impact reaches farther than he ever could have imagined.

Read More

The ripple effect

Joanne Jeter, MD, never backs down from a challenge. In fact, she seeks out the toughest cases, because they often lead to the biggest breakthroughs.

Read More

UACC - Phoenix topped off

The final beam at the Univerity of Arizona Cancer Center- Phoenix was set atop the building Tuesday, another milestone toward a Summer 2015 opening.

Read More

Featured Stories

David S. Alberts, MD

David Alberts an AACR Prevention Pioneer

David S. Alberts, MD, will receive the AACR's Prevention Pioneer Award during the organization's upcoming cancer prevention research conference in New Orleans.

Christina Laukaitis, MD, PhD, FACP

UACC researcher discusses proposed expansion for genetic screening

UA Cancer Center member Christina Laukaitis, MD, PhD, FACP, calls the proposed expansion for the use of genetic screening to identify possible risk for breast and ovarian cancer “a bold, intriguing thought that deserves more study.”

New FDA-approved melanoma drug tested at UA Cancer Center

A drug to treat advanced melanoma that received fast-track approval from the Food and Drug Administration was tested at the UA Cancer Center, offering patients access to therapies not available elsewhere.

Better Than Ever kicks off 15th season

The UACC's Better Than Ever program has begun its 15th season of fitness and fund raising for cancer research. Read about one of our employees for which BTE has been life-changing.


Mon, 09/22/2014 - 8:30am - 12:30pm
Mon, 09/22/2014 - 9:00am - 12:00pm
Mon, 09/22/2014 - 11:00am - 12:00pm
Mon, 09/22/2014 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Mon, 09/22/2014 - 1:30pm - 2:30pm

Sign up for the UACC's monthly E-Newsletter