Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The University of Arizona Cancer Center. If you are looking for an opportunity to serve others and give of yourself, you have come to the right place. Our volunteers are managed by the Volunteer Services Department at the University of Arizona Medical Center - University Campus. We embrace those volunteers simply looking to make a contribution as well as those who are looking to make healthcare a career. Read one volunteer’s story here Lending a helping hand.
3838 N. Campbell Ave.
- Healing Spirit Boutique
- Treatment Rooms
1891 W. Orange Grove Road
Requirements for new volunteers:
- Minimum age to volunteer is 18 with a few areas accepting students over age 14
- A minimum of 6 months and a 4-hour per week commitment required
- Completed Volunteer Application and two written recommendations
- Interview with the manager of volunteer services
Those moving forward to volunteer will complete the following:
- Volunteer Commitment Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Compliance Agreement
- Values Agreement
- Infection Control form
- Read and complete two self-learning modules before orientation
- Attend a two-hour orientation at The University of Arizona Medical Center - University Campus
- Complete health clearance which includes a review of immunization records and tuberculosis screening
- Purchase and wear a volunteer uniform - $20
- Attend training for specific volunteer department
Volunteer Services Department
1501 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85724